Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Day 1 of 30 days no meat

Day 1

So today for lunch I had a mashed chick pea sandwich on multi grain bread with kale. Oh so good. With this you won't even remember tuna!! I love tuna on my salad at work, which I eat almost everyday. Chickpeas give the protein and are so delish.

I got this recipe from the simple veganista. Sorry I don't know how to post links yet on my phone. She has a blog and an Instagram under This name.

I used my ninja to mash everything. I even put a punch of fresh ginger in it. I have to say the pumpkin seeds on this recipe is oh so amazing.  I used carrots and some lime juice as well as extra virgin olive oil. Season with paprika, salt and pepper and a pinch of garlic powder.

I work at a school in the cafe so I never eat real breakfast. We eat are lunch around 10:30 before we get ready to feed the kids. So I didn't take a pic of my "breakfast" it was lettuce, tomatoes and cheese on a whole wheat roll and melon on the side.

For dinner made grilled veggies on naan bread. Most veggies came from my garden.

Following veggies i sautéed
Eggplant
Cherry tomatoes
Jalapeño
Rushed garlic
Peppers
Red cabbage
Mushrooms
Onion

I used fresh basil too. I sautéed them in coconut oil with a packet of sazon.

I put the naan bread in the broiler to toast then put shredded cheese on it. Melted it in the oven and put the veggies on top. Came out amazing and Hubby loved it!!!

I know this challenge for me will be easy cause I don't really like me but for my family it's very hard. I'm sure I'll be cooking up some meat for them some days and cooking separate for me. Which in the past is what made me give up before.

Hope you have a wonderful day! !
Xox Lisa

No comments: