Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

13 Bean Soup with Turkey

More Turkey leftovers!!! Haha it's safe to say I'm officially sick of Turkey and had to freeze the rest of the meat.

I has the Bob's Red Mills 13 Bean Soup in the cabinet for awhile & figured it was time to make it.
You soak the beans over night. Use a big bowl or pot cause the expand a lot! I used a container from BJ's that was from our Christmas cookies.

Next day I put beans in crockpot with about 5 cups of water. I just filled it up. Added a can tomato paste,stewed tomatoes, adobo seasoning, garlic, Italian seasoning plus more parsley, 3 beef bouillon cubes, pepper and of coarse Turkey meat!!!
I let it cook all day!!

I was super delicious and Hubby kept going back for more. Also it was very filling. This soup mix would be great made into a chili also.

The girls had chicken nuggets and tator tots because they are so picky!!
Hope you liked this recipe. I'm having a lot of fun sharing my recipes with you!!!






No comments: