Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Seitan 'meat' Balls

So I have been wanted to make Seitan for awhile. I really didn't know how easy it was!!! My girls love to help me cook so of coarse they helped toooo!! I've made these 3 times already and OMG I'm inLOve!!! really they are amazing!! So going Vegan people have asked me what Meat I miss! Well I always say non!! I was never a big meat eater. But I have to say I used to love making a big pot of homemade sauce and meatballs on a Sunday!! That's one meal I did kinda miss. Not anymore. I'm not huge into having meat replacers. Like Fake meats. I do love a lot of them but it's for replacing! I like it for the sake of liking :) Like if anything reminds me tooo much of a Real meat I get turned offfffffff. Anyways here we go with my Balls. They are so super duper easy to make and they taste soooo damn gooooodddddd. I snuck one in my sons dish and he never even knew!! When he was the one who had made them that day. But he said he wanted real ones. So ok ok.... I try not to push my Veganism on anyone, but I do educated my family in hopes they can make a Great decision someday.... Well eat it just fine. LOL i love fooling my family it's pretty funny LOL... Hubby is the one to always catch on. I remember a few years back I tried sneaking some fake ground meat in some gloulash and Hubby asked me if I burnt the beef LOL...

Ok Ok already here's the recipe

http://www.neverhomemaker.com/2009/12/make-your-own-seitan-how-to.html

What you'll need . . .
1-1/2 cup wheat gluten (found in the bulk foods section)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons pepper
2 cloves garlic
2 large basil leaves, chopped
3/4 cup cold water
4 teaspoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons vegetable broth
I doubled this. She baked this. I rolled my balls into balls an then in tin foil. Then I boliled them for an hour. After that I added to my homemade sauce and eat it up!!! LOL

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Melissa {AllSewnUp} said...

this looks so tasty, I've bookmarked the recipe, yum! Also, btw, I love your font.

LisaMarie said...

aww thank you!! I love your blog tooo!!